Position: Research Assistant
Biljana Andjelkovic was born in Krusevac, where she finished elementary and high school. She completed her basic studies at the Department of Ethnology and Anthropology, Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade, where in 2011 she graduated her MA studies.
Biljana Andjelkovic was born in Krusevac, where she finished elementary and high school. She completed her basic studies at the Department of Ethnology and Anthropology, Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade, where in 2011 she graduated her MA studies with final thesis „Correctional Facilities as Identity Incubators“. She is enrolled in doctoral studies at the Department of Ethnology and Anthropology with an approved doctoral dissertation entitled „Pilgrimage: An Anthropological Research of Pilgrims Perception of Serbian Orthodox Church Monasteries at the Beginning of the 21st Century“. Since 2018, she has been working at the Ethnographic Institute of SASA as a research assistant on the Identity Strategy: Contemporary Culture and Religiosity project.
Her research interests are: anthropology of pilgrimage, anthropology of prison, contemporary religiosity, and intangible cultural heritage.
Membership in organizations
Member of the Serbian Ethnological and Anthropological Society
- Anđelković, Biljana. 2014. Detinjstvo u Kruševcu i okolini krajem 19. i u prvoj polovini 20. veka: analiza etnološkog fonda Narodnog muzeja Kruševac [Childhood in Krusevac and surrounding at the End of the 19th and in the First Half of the 20th Century: Analysis of the Ethnological Fund of the National Museum Krusevac]. Kruševački zbornik 16: 138‒161.
- Anđelković, Biljana. 2015. Hegemoni maskulinitet u muškim zatvorima u Srbiji. [Hegemonic masculinity in male prisons in Serbia]. Antropologija 15(1): 49‒70.
- Anđelković, Biljana. 2019. „Some basic factors of pilgrimage in contemporary Serbia”. In Perspectives of Anthropological Research in South-East Europе, eds. Marina Martynova and Ivana Bašić, 207‒229. Belgrade‒Моscow: The Institute for Ethnology “N. N. Mikluho-Maklaj” of the Russian Academy of Sciences and Institute of Ethnography of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- Andjelkovic, Biljana. 2019. “Manastir Vaskresenje Hristovo između religijskih i sekularnih diskursa“ [Monastery Resurrection of Christ between Religious and Secular Discourses]. In Etno-kulturološki zbornik XXII: Srpski istok nekad i danas: arheologija, etnologija, istorija i lingvistika [Ethno-Cultural Annals XXII: The Serbian East in Past and Present: Archeology, Ethnology, History and Linguistics], ed. Vojislav Filipovic and Ivica Todorovic, 87-102. Svrljig: Center for Tourism, Culture and Sport.
- 2016. 8th InASEA Congress Balkan Life Courses: Family, Childhood, Youth, and Old Age in Southest Europe, Sofia.
- 2017. Conference of the Ethnographic Institute of SANU ‒ Retrospectives and Perspectives of Ethnology and Anthropology, The Open Air Museum „Old village“, Sirogojno.